Today is the first day of Ox Year, I wish all of you have a happy Ox Year!!!!
1.26.2009
Lotus without water lillies, Monet
I wondered around a university campus last week.The lotus leaves reminded me of one of my favourite painters- Claude Monet, who loved to draw water lilies around his house in Giverny, France.
Today is the first day of Ox Year, I wish all of you have a happy Ox Year!!!!

- Water Lilies, 1919, Monet, now in Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York.
Today is the first day of Ox Year, I wish all of you have a happy Ox Year!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
wow, a real monet!
Happy New Year! I intended to go to Chinatown today to check out the celebrations, but I am still so tired from my flight from LA, and so jetlagged! I just ended up falling asleep in my school's library :P
Happy Ox Year to you! I'm a great fun of Monet!
re-Daniel: ha..thanks!!
re- Rita: Take a good rest!!I always slept in school's library before, it's so quiet to sleep, great place:) maybe you can check out China town these days..i believe there're some function going on!
re- Sarah: Happy Ox Year!! I determined to see as many paintings of Monet in the world! I just love them very very much!! I couldn't move when I was looking at Monet's paintings in museum!!
good that we have something in common.
HAPPY OX-YEAR Evelyn!! :)
Post a Comment