12.17.2008

Getting Lost in New Jersey




When you are getting lost in an unfamiliar place, what do you do? I have encountered such experience while on the way to New Jersey. It was a rainy day in April this year. I learnt that there is a shopping outlet, not so far from New York.

Then, I took a bus at Port Admiralty Station, the ride was supposed to be half an hour. But, after an hour of seeing lots of beautiful houses out of the window, I started to suspect if something went wrong. I asked the bus driver if I would be there soon. He replied politely, " You take a wrong bus! "

The first feeling came to me was very weird..I didn't feel nervous, but a little bit excited, as I could see more than expected if I didn't take the right one...as I was not that eager to go shopping actually, only wanted to know how New Jersey was. I asked the driver if I could go back to NY. He said, " no...you take off first, I will pick you up in 30 mins.

I waited at the bus station in the second photo, and took some photos in order to kill time. The nice driver then picked me up as promise, and showed me a place ( the last photo ) to take the local bus to the outlet I originally planned to go. After I took off the bus and expressed my sincere thanks to the bus driver and a passenger, I saw other side of NJ, quite a special place I can say.

The smart girl like me, surely can get to there ultimately.

Getting lost is indeed lots of fun!

4 comments:

Rita said...

I'm loving these shots! Some of the nicest NJ pictures I have seen... and I live here!

Hehe, I'm assuming you were going to the Jersey Gardens Outlet Mall... I go there whenever I need to do major shopping because they have so many great stores and so many amazing prices :P

Still, if I got lost here, I would probably freak out, haha, especially if it's in a place like Newark... And also, you got lucky with the bus driver, a lot of them are veeeery cranky most of the time, and will not be as nice as this one.

Jack Daniel said...

Getting lost is a good thing if your lost in your own little town, but getting lost in a big city like New Jersey is scary! But that's the best way to get to know a city.I wouldn't wait for a half an hour because I don't have the patience. :P

Nice story. And of course....beautiful pictures!!

Evelyn said...

to Rita: Yes. It's Jersey Garden, I found it great too!!! I got lucky in the whole trip, would share more sometimes. You are studying in NY?

to Daniel: Haha, I like getting lost out of hometown. Thanks for your comment!!!!:)

TMFA said...

I love the tone and hue of your pictures. Very authentic and old skool feeling.