10.16.2009

Fire Dragon at Mid Autumn Festival


In Chinese tradition, we have full moon celebration, that is Mid Autumn Festival.
This year, I encountered a very interesting event- a fire dragan event that held for 3 nights.
I attended one night only. It said.,100 years ago, there was a serious illness in an area in HK..what people could do was made a dragon and lighted thousands of burners on top of the " dragon " and danced with it for 3 nights, it could scared the illness and devil away..haha..
I hope you can manage to see the fire dragon from the above photos, which was not very clear..my apology for my photograhic skills..

2 comments:

Jack Daniel said...

At least you have a good eye and good timing when taking pictures. :)

Looks really crowded!!

Evelyn said...

Thank you, Daniel!!
Hahaha..it's really crowded..I just couldn't get aproached to the fire dragon!!